Sunday, April 8, 2012

Week Fourteen in Review

Wow, this was a busy but productive week.  If nothing else, I got both book reviews blogged!  That in and of itself is amazing.  Fortunately, I was also very productive at work.  I presented four trainings and managed to squeeze in finishing a project I've been working on for three months.  Of course there are still edits to be done but the bulk of the work is completed on the project.  Woo-hoo, praise the Lord for productivity at work!  Hopefully I can squeeze in some productivity this week.  It may be kind of hard since I spend half of tomorrow's workday traveling to Providence, RI and then Tuesday through Thursday in day-long meetings on a national project.  But, after that, I am done with travel for almost a month.  Since most of  March and into April has been here a week, gone a week, here a week, gone a week, I'm ready for the break.  I think Booger the cat is ready for the break as well.  She stalked off when I got the suitcase out of the closet this evening.

Spiritually this week I've been focusing on Easter and what it means to me as a Christ-follower.  I don't have any new revelations to share but thinking about Easter while reading about Israelite disobedience and the misdeeds of the kings made me more and more thankful for Christ's saving work on the cross.  Then to have two great worship services at Renovation Church today just made my week.  I realized on Friday (while watching tweets about Secret Church) that I don't necessarily miss Brook Hills anymore as a church.  I miss the camaraderie I had with my co-workers and friends while working big events like Secret Church and Easter but that I am "home" at Renovation.  If you've been on this journey with me over the last almost two years, you know that's HUGE.  I love my faith family and the work God is allowing us to do in this city.  ATL WILL see racial reconciliation and it WILL be through the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Okay, I'm keeping this kind of short this week.  I still have a few things to do before bed and I have to head out early in the morning.  Next week's post will hopefully have thoughts and maybe even pictures of Providence.  Til next time...

No comments: