Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week Ten in Review

This will probably be a short check-in for a couple of reasons.  This was such a crazy busy week that I don't remember a lot of it so reviewing it will be kind of difficult.  I spent most of the week at work trying to get everything done ahead of time since I am off all week next week.  Somehow that always makes me feel more behind.  I was fortunate and managed to get everything done, I was just wiped out by the end of the week.  I have enjoyed my lazy Saturday.

Week Eleven should be interesting.  I am off from work so I can be with my mom while she has hip replacement surgery on Tuesday.  I am the person in my family who has the medical knowledge in the family and the one who can just sit in a hospital room without going stir crazy.  So, I get to stay in the hospital with her from Tuesday-Friday.  It's actually somewhat of a role reversal.  Mom has been the one to take care of us through our surgeries, illnesses and the like.  It's strange being in the position of taking care of her.  After all she's been through with me through the years, it's the least I can do.  Being in the hospital means we won't get lots of rest but Sarah's offered me her house for naps during the day so we'll make it work.

I had the opportunity to provide small offerings on behalf of two friends going global this summer and one family who is adopting.  I'm so thankful God has provided me the ability to be able to contribute to these events in their lives.  I can't wait to hear how He moves in the world as people are obedient to His call to go.  And I love the picture of the gospel you see in adoption.  I'm so thankful to be given a glimpse into the journey as friends adopt.  Such a loving response to God's call in their lives.

The weight loss and spiritual journeys have both been difficult this week.  I don't respond well to stress and my food choices reflect that this week.  I'm still working on that and know it's a journey - hoping and praying next week will be better.  Spiritually, I got behind so I'm still trying to catch up on my Week 10 reading.  I have a few thoughts running around in my head that may end up as their own blog post.  We'll see what happens.  If we can't sleep in the hospital this week, a wee hours of the morning post might happen.

I also get to look forward to basketball overdose this week.  March Madness is one of my favorite times of the year and this year, I will be with my mom, another big basketball fan.  What better way to pass time in the hospital than watching the tourney?  This year, I can watch all the games I want and not feel guilty about sneaking peeks at the games.  In fact, I'm now signing off so I can go finish watching the ACC tourney semifinal.  Until next time...

No comments: