Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday Meandering Thoughts

I'm very tired tonight so I can't promise this won't ramble. Why is it that short weeks always seem so long? I guess it's because there is always a week's worth of work but fewer days to get it accomplished in. This week was a classic example of that. I had Monday and Tuesday off and spent it in the North GA mountains with the family. So relaxing but since this was Easter week, there were many things to get accomplished at Brook Hills this week. Since there was a wedding at BH today, we couldn't set the lobby until today. At 5:30. Took until after 7:00 to get everything done that needed to get done. But, it's all ready to go and tomorrow should be a great day of Worship, celebrating our risen King.

Speaking of Easter, this is one of my favorite times of year. Beautiful weather for the most part, no need for heat or air, sandals come out of hiding, blooming trees, etc. And, it's my favorite sports time of year. NCAA tournament closely followed by the opening of major league baseball. I love the underdog stories of March Madness (Butler anyone) and the new promise of a brand-new baseball season. Hopefully the Braves can put something together this season.

I am enjoying my time to myself. I am reading a variety of books which should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me. I may start putting some random book reviews on here since I read pretty prolifically and like to share my opinions. I am working my way through the Harry Potter series right now. I am currently in book two and these are books that I would have loved when I was younger. They are good to me as an adult and they are the type of book I liked as a kid, lots of imagery, lots of imagination and twists and turns until the end. I am staying out of the controversy around them.

I think that's enough meandering for now. I am hoping to post a little more often now that my nights are not taken up with dissertation work. I'll keep updating about the job search and other things that stir my interest.

No comments: