Friday, April 17, 2009

Third Day Concert

First off I have to say a special Thank You! to my mom. This ticket tonight was part of my birthday present back in January. I have been looking forward to this concert since they announced the tickets on Jan. 11th. It definitely lived up to the expectations! I will post pictures once I get back to my computer.

Revive opened for Brandon Heath who opened for Third Day. They are a new Aussie band that Third Day discovered while they were on tour Down Under. Their lead singer is hot! Too bad he's married. :-) They have a great rock sound and some amazing guitar numbers. They will get real big real quick. Their story is pretty neat too. They stepped out on faith and sold almost everything they owned and moved to the US. They state that their band is God's and they are doing what He commands.

Brandon Heath was Brandon Heath. He's a cutie too and he's single. :-) I love listening to that guy sing. His lyrics are just amazing. So simple yet so profound. I was able to make a recording of "Give Me Your Eyes" on my Blackberry and as soon as I figure out how to get it out of my Blackberry, I'll post it. I can't wait to see how God is going to use Brandon and his lyrics to touch lives.

After an intermission, Third Day came on. They truly know how to put on a show. I can't even remember all the songs they did. They started with some of their older stuff and sprinkled in new songs. In the middle of their set, Mac walked off stage and then reappeared in the middle of the worship room where the concert was held. The rest of the band joined him and they did their request portion from the middle of the room. Really cool!! The eventually "closed" with Revelation. I put closed in quotes because they did four songs as encores. They closed the show with Creed (which I recorded). I love Creed and I love that they still do this song as a tribute to the late great Rich Mullins (man, I miss that guy!).

All in all, it was a WONDERFUL night of "getting my praise on." It is always so neat to see a room full of people praising God together. This is two Friday nights in a row I've been with over 1,500 Christians who are unashamed of their faith and want to be together to praise Him!

Thanks again mom!!

No comments: