Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I am home from a wonderful Easter celebration at Brook Hills. I got my praise on (to quote a friend) a couple of times and heard David's message of the Gospel. As usual, his message was powerful and laid the Gospel out in clear and convincing fashion. Between Friday at Secret Church and today's message, people heard the Gospel. It is my prayer that hearts were opened and responded to make a decision to make Christ Lord and Savior and see their lives transformed.

I also have to take a moment to thank our volunteers. My ministry area has the most awesome volunteers at Brook Hills. We moved over 6800 people in and out of our campus today with very few issues. It took a while to get into the parking lot but our parking team worked with everyone and there were no crashes or major issues. Without our volunteers, our visitors and members would not have had such a wonderful experience. Thank you doesn't seem like enough.

I do plan to enjoy my day off tomorrow. Sleep in and then have lunch with an long-time family friend who has just moved to Bham. After lunch, I'll spend some time with my dissertation research. Perfect plan for a day off.

As we move past Easter, remember the tomb is empty and the throne is occupied!!

No comments: