Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's a Good Tired...

I am still a little tired from the weekend but it's a good tired and a contentment that the main crunch is over. We had a amazing turn out Sunday for our membership finale. There were somewhere near 300 people in attendance at three events and most of them are completing the membership process. Praise the Lord!

We had such a great volunteer/support system to pull this off. Without them, we could not have successfully funneled 300 people through our Student Building. We had people helping out beforehand, filing paperwork, sticking stickers on folders, alphabetizing, putting out tablecloths, cutting out circles, spreading napkins, etc., etc., etc. God really blessed me and Debby with some truly AWESOME people. Our new members commented about how welcomed they felt and how smoothly everything ran.

I also got to watch God work. I was tasked with assigning potential new members to table hosts. For the most part, I was matching people by age, life stage, interests, etc. There was only one table where the host had requested people. Everything else was based on where I put them. I had a number of people ask me "I knew the people at my table, did you do that on purpose?" I was thinking to myself, um, how would I KNOW that? It was a God-thing pure and simple. He knew where the people needed to be and guided my decision making. It's so cool that we have such a big God yet He cares about the simple things like table assignments. It was just one more way people felt invited and loved on.

Now my life is back to a semblance of normalcy. I am planning a meeting with committee members next week to get started on data collection and hopefully get to a point in very short order where I'll have some good results to comment on and write up to defend. I am so ready to be finished.

I am also starting the job search process. I covet your prayers as I begin this journey. I know where I would like to end up but I want to make sure my will aligns with God's in this situation. I want to stay in ministry but be able to use my public health knowledge at the same time. I am just growing so much while being in a ministry role, I would like to see that continue. I know He has the perfect place already decided, I just have to be diligent and pray through my decisions. Thanks in advance for those prayers. :-)

Now I'm off to watch some TV before bed. More to come when I feel inspired again.

1 comment:

Phil Hoover said...

Great blog, and the Lord knows exactly whom to send, and when to send them.

Good luck on the "job search"...God is still your Source and your Provider.