Got a really neat e-mail yesterday from 1Way telling me that they had received a donation to completely cover my airfare to AZ!! $400 was donated by someone anonymously for me. What?! I can't imagine who would do that for me. Our God is so awesome. He'd already provided the money for my airfare and rental car and now He's allowing for it to be given back to me. How can I possibly thank Him or the donor enough? Words don't even adequately express my gratitude. Now I'm just trying to get my head around it being okay that I don't know who the benefactor is. My OCD self likes knowing the details. :-)
I won't be able to update while I'm in AZ but I'll have detailed reports when I get back. I'm excited about going, can't wait, wish I didn't have to fly, but really looking forward to what God will do.
Specific prayer requests:
- Peace for me while flying (flights leave at 5:30pm the 24th and 8:30am the 31st)
- Comraderie for the team. There are 60+ people on this trip. Pray that God knits us together and we are able to focus on why we're there as opposed to what we are there to do
- Safety - we're in the desert and it will be hot. Pray that we all remember to drink lots of water, stay away from animals and avoid any nasty bugs
- Openess of the people - the TO reservation is ripe for harvest. They crave the Gospel if only people will share it. Please pray for my discernment and boldness to share the Gospel. This is SERIOUSLY outside my comfort zone but so vitally important.
- Endurance - we'll be keeping up with kids in the afternoons and evenings. Pray that we can endure the heat and focus on loving on kids and sharing God's love with them
- First Baptist Papago - this is a wonderful faith family led by Jay Juan. Pray that they continue to be the light in the darkness and a place of refuge for the hurting. Give Jay boldness to continue preaching the Word and reaching the lost