Sunday, January 13, 2013

Compassion Mobile Experience

I've been a sponsor with Compassion International since October of 2008 and an advocate with them for the past 2.5 years.  I educated myself about the organization before getting involved with them and can honestly say I have had no misgivings about the relationship.  What I experienced yesterday only furthered my resolve to advocate on behalf of this organization.  Having the opportunity to serve at the Mobile Experience was an honor.  Getting to help people have their own encounters with world poverty and the difference Compassion makes was a blessing to me.  Seeing 30+ sweet children from some of the poorest parts of the world have their lives changed was icing on the cake.  I almost can't explain what it was like - words just aren't enough.  To be surrounded by other people who were like-minded in their dedication to the "least of these" was inspiring.  Seeing people make life-changing decisions reminded me of the life-changing decision God offers us through salvation.  While the money Compassion provides to these local children provides a level of salvation on the temporal level, they also work to present salvation on the eternal level, sharing Christ with each child who comes through their doors.  The whole premise of this Mobile Experience is to "change the story."  The idea is that sponsorship changes the story for the sponsored child.  But it's so much more than that.  It also changes the story of the sponsor.  There's a child in Uganda whose life is changed because of my love, support, prayers and Compassion's intervention.  That's a weighty proposition when you think about it.

I think the angels were crying out in praise yesterday for the 30+ people who took a stand against poverty, injustice and Satan himself.  Praise the Lord for those people who changed the story for 30+ children.

No comments: