Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week Forty-Three in Review

So we're another week down.  This was another pretty calm week though work is picking up in intensity.  I'm definitely not complaining, I love the job, but we've entered into a project that we don't have a lot of control over so navigating the "politics" involved is interesting.  I am thankful most every day though that God put me in this position.  We are doing good work that is important to the overall health and well-being of children in GA.  I feel like I'm using my passions and professional skills to the best of my ability.  It's such a great place to be!

I've really started the sorting/cleaning/purging process that precedes packing.  I've gotten three bags of stuff together to donate and am attempting to really thin out my "stuff."  If I haven't used it or it doesn't have a sentimental story, it's going.  I'm hoping to really streamline before the move since I'm losing a bit of storage.  As far as I know, I am still on schedule to close on November 30th and hope to move December 1st.  Since there's construction involved, there's no guarantee closing will happen on time but I'm praying hard it does!

This has been a neat week spiritually.  Last Sunday, we had an event at church to get people connected to City Groups (our version of local discipleship).  I went to meet the people that are in my new City Group.  Changing City Groups has been my one "concern" in this whole move.  I've been in the same group since the beginning and hate the thought of moving away from them.  BUT, it turns out I know several of the couples in my new group and really like them.  I think it will be really neat to do life with these people.  Then today, I went to a brunch for people interested in serving with Renovation's Mercy and Justice ministry.  It was so neat to be in a room of people who are passionate about meeting needs in Atlanta AND sharing the gospel while meeting needs.  If we don't provide the gospel while meeting needs, we're no better than any other humanitarian group.  I can't wait to see how God is going to use this team to change this city!  So thankful He put me at Renovation!

I guess that's all for now.  I'm headed to the couch to watch the rest of GA/FL.  More next week...

No comments: