Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week Eight in Review

Whew, I am glad this week is coming to an end.  To say this was a crazy week at work would be an understatement.  This week was my site visit from my national funder.  While it wasn't particularly stressful having them here (I've worked with them for years), there were lots of little details that had to be addressed.  Add the short week to that and you have a recipe for stress.  It's also a somewhat strange time at work.  I have a project I was hired to work on but lately, almost everything I've been working on is for something else.  I also keep getting asked to do things before I'm finished with what was previously requested.  And everything has to be completed ASAP.  Really!?  There's only one of me and I only have so many hours in my workday.  Of course, that's a bone of contention around my office right now.  There are a couple of employees (our ED included) who work tons of hours and don't understand why the rest of us don't seem to be willing to.  I come in at 8:30 or so and work until 5:00 or 5:30 with the occasional longer day.  I'm sorry, I don't have much of a life but I guard my free time closely and I'm not going to feel guilty about it.  It makes life tense at work sometimes.  Hopefully it will slow down a little.

I did get to start the week with Sarah in town.  That was fun since I love having her visit.  I also get to enjoy the fruits of her visit since she usually cooks at least once and I have the leftovers available.  Trust me, if you ever have the option to have a pasta dish she prepares, especially if it has shrimp in it, take the opportunity. Sarah is one of those gifted people who can put in "a little of this and a little of that" and make an amazing dish.  If I tried that, the outcome would be inedible.  Being able to count on recipes are why baking is my forte. :-)

This week was also tough eating-wise.  I ended up eating out at least one meal four of the five workdays this week.  While I made the healthiest choices possible in most instances, it's still richer than I'm used to and not friendly for weight loss.  Oh well, I guess that's the way life works and I'll just get back to healthy eating this week.

I've moved into Numbers this week in my year through the Bible and it's always my toughest book.  But, in the first five chapters, I noticed less of the numbers and more of God's attention to detail.  I never really thought about the fact that while they were traversing the wilderness, the Tabernacle had to be taken down, packed away, protected and then re-set-up when they encamped somewhere.  God specified which of the tribes did what and who was responsible for what part of the Tabernacle's furnishings.  Truthfully, I wouldn't have wanted to be responsible for the Ark of the Covenant.  Can you imagine the stress?  I also noticed today that the census was done for the purposes for providing for the Levites' needs.  You paid an offering based on your "value" before the Lord.  Again, God taking care of ALL the details.

I promise I have a book review coming.  The book, "The Search Committee" wasn't a good book so I'm having trouble motivating myself to write the review.  Maybe I should see what else Tyndale House has so a new book can give me motivation.  I am reading "Just a Minute" by Wess Stafford and have "Beauty for Ashes" on deck so I definitely am not lacking for reading material.

You know, I have no idea who reads these posts but in reality, they're more for me than anyone else.  Sure, I'd love to have lots of readers but I have no illusions that my life is that interesting.  :-)  I do like the outlet to put my thoughts in written form.  Hopefully this week will be a little calmer and I can get the book review and at least one other blog on paper instead of rolling around in my head.  Until next time...

No comments: