Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pintrest Craft One

So I found a craft on Pintrest that I wanted to try because I thought it was attractive and the Bible verse on it was my all-time favorite.  I decided to try my hand at it.  Here's a step-by-step if you'd like to try to make one of your own.

Step 1:  Get your supplies together.  I chose to use a plain canvas from Joanne's.  If I was doing it again, I'd go with colored canvas but Joanne's didn't have it so white was my option.


Step 2:  Pick your paint colors.  I went with brown and light blue.

Step 3:  Paint the canvas the base color you choose.  I needed two coats on some spots on the canvas.



Step 4:  In your alternate color, add footprints.  I did mine in the kitchen, painting the bottom of each foot then washing it before painting the bottom of the other foot.  Be careful, don't step too hard on the canvas.



Step 5:  Add the heart in the middle above the footprints.  If you are artistically challenged like I am, find a heart somewhere (I used Microsoft ClipArt) and trace it lightly onto the canvas.  Then you can paint the heart without having to freehand it.



Step 6:  Add the handprints, I painted one hand, put the handprint on the canvas, washed my hands, and then repeated the process.



Step 7:  Write the chosen words on the canvas with a paint pen. I took the picture with it standing but I wrote it with the canvas laying flat.  I went with an extrafine, silver paint pen.  If I was doing it again, I'd go with a broader tipped pen.  You can't see the words as well as I would have liked.



Step 8:  Hang on the wall of your choice. 

I am amazed at how this turned out considerig I have no artistic talent whatsoever.  There are imperfections here and there but that's true about my life so it's a great reflection. :-)  I also like the fact that it's my footprints and handprints that make up the artwork.  This works with Micah 6:8 but I imagine there are other verses that could easily work in a similar fashion.

No comments: