Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

A little randomness for your Friday afteroon enjoyment...

I'm off to Biloxi on Sunday for a few days of mission work with our youth. I'm super excited because 1) I love mission work and 2) I have a GREAT group. I'm sure all the groups are awesome but I have a really good group of kids. We should have a fun time in Biloxi. I can give a few status updates because I downloaded the Facebook app on my Blackberry.

This is such a fun time of year for this rabid sports fan. It's championship week on ESPN so it's all basketball almost all the time. SEC tourney, ACC tourney, Pac-10 tourney, Big East tourney, they are ALL playing right now. Then next Thursday starts the absolute best weekend in sports, the opening weekend of March Madness. I remember in college we would go to our earliest classes and then head to PT's sports bar in Homewood to watch the rest of the action, staying until well into the night. I wish I had a group of friends that liked basketball as much as I do. Oh well, I'll enjoy it by myself. :-)

To add to the sports enjoyment, by the time March Madness ends in early April, baseball season will be starting. I doubt the Braves will have a stellar, playoff type year but hey, it's still baseball. Have I mentioned lately I'm a sports nut?

Back to work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, two words for you...

SEC CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!