Friday, January 16, 2009

In Love...

Not that kind of "in love". In love with my Savior. As I posted earlier this month, I am working on spiritual goals this year, one of which is trusing in God and resting in His perfect timing. As I've continued to have my daily quiet times, I find myself drawn to Him more and more. In the past, my quiet times have become somewhat of a chore or an "I have to do this" concept. Fortunately, this year, God is revealing Himself to me in a way that I haven't experienced before. Everyday, I see something new in Scripture. Even in the more "mundane" passages in Nehemiah. It makes me want to dig, know more, experience more and just BE more with my Jesus.

For instance, today, I was reading Psalm 46 and most people know verse 1, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of need." But, do we keep reading and get to verse 10 "Cease striving and know that I am God."? How contrary to our fleshly desire to do things for ourselves! This is an especially hard verse for me and my type A+ personality. What? You mean God doesn't need my help? Are you sure? That seems to be my message from God for early 2009. I'm slowly learning that our very present help in time of need is also our very present help every single minute of every single day. If you haven't heard it, check out "By Your Side" by 10th Avenue North. Such a great song and a much better conveyer of this message than I am.

No comments: