Thursday, December 25, 2008

Concert Review, Movie Review and More...

Christmas is winding down and we're preparing to brave the crowd at Macy's tomorrow but before doing that, I thought I'd post a few reviews.

First off, the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert last Saturday night. All I can say is WOW! The show this group puts on is spectacular. The lights and sounds were a sight and sound to behold. I love TSO's music and they did their entire Christmas Eve Sarajevo album which is my favorite so that was an added bonus. I'm also impressed by the stamina this group has. They did the entire first half running around the stage and never took a "real" intermission. During a usual intermission time, they introduced the whole gang. Then it was on to round two where they blew things up. Gotta love that. Pyrotechnics, real fire and lasers. It was amazing. Anyone who loves TSO's music should put this concert at the top of their list next time they are in town.

On to the movie review...Sarah and I saw "Marley and Me" this afternoon as our annual Christmas Day movie. It is a very cute and well done movie but any of my friends who cry easily at movies (you know who you are) should avoid this movie or at least the ending. If you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about. If not, I'm not going to spoil it. It is worth seeing but be prepared and take the Kleenex.

This has been such a nice week off so far and I am looking forward to a few more days off. I don't have to be back at work until Monday afternoon so I have more days to spend with my family. I realized on the way home that this is the first week off I've had where I haven't been jetting off to AZ since the Monday after Easter. While I love those trips, some time off has been welcomed. Okay, back to regularly scheduled web programming.

No comments: