Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I had a most wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. I have been blessed beyond measure to have a family I love dearly and enjoy spending time with. We have a good time together and Thanksgiving was no exception. My mom and I got to spend quality time visiting over coffee and reading or coffee and football games. I love sharing what God is teaching me with her because she can challenge me to continue to grow and learn and share in ways no one else can. I truly hope God blesses me with a daughter so I can be half the mom my mom is.

My dad and I got to have date night too. It was special for both of us because we hadn't seen each other for more than 16 hours since June. He and I went shopping on Friday and then to dinner and Bass Pro Shop. Who knew Bass Pro could be so fun!? In all seriousness, I love my daddy and really enjoy getting to spend time with him. We've grown from spending time in my grandfather's woodshop making all kinds of fun stuff to throwing a softball for hours on end to being in a place where we just visit without any "thing" getting in the way.

I also got to spend Thanksgiving night with my sister in her new apartment. I helped her decorate her new tree (very cool, pre-lit tree!) and put out her nativities. She has a great apartment that I'm jealous of. She's also decorating it so cool as she finds neat pieces. She has the coolest Eiffel Tower that she found at Target of all places. She also managed to score a new KitchenAid mixer at Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving. She got up, went to Wally-World, grabbed the last of the nine mixers they had, picked me up some rubbermaid and then headed to the check-out. She was home again by 5:16! Talk about efficiency. :-)

All in all, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and just had to brag. I know some people dread the holidays and I truly feel sorry for them. I honestly cannot relate and for that, I'm thankful.

I'm off to work tomorrow and then will finish shopping for the cutie in AZ that I "adopted" for Christmas. I only wish I could be there to see everyone open their gifts. I hope JT and Sheryl take LOTS of pictures.

No comments: