Saturday, September 20, 2008

Perfect Lazy Day

Today has been a perfect Saturday. Slept late, tidied the apartment and then have watched football and read all day. Got some meat cooked for the week and just chilled.

After the craziness of this week getting ready for our luncheon tomorrow, I needed a day like today. I am so thankful for all the volunteers God uses to make the Assmilation Ministry run like clockwork but planning for this luncheon has been nuts. Getting the RSVPs, food ordered, centerpieces made, packets made, etc. made for a LONG week. It should be a nice time tomorrow and I know the volunteers who show up will be blessed.

This coming week will be hectic too. We have Starting Point this coming weekend and I'm off on Friday so everything has to be done earlier in the week. Oh well, we did August's preparation in three days so four days is a bonus. :-) I am looking forward to the weekend. Mom and Sarah got tickets for a women of faith event in ATL. It's a chance to spend time with them and hear wonderful Christian speakers and musicians. And it's free for me. That's even nicer. :-) I look forward to the rejuvination the weekend will provide.

OK, UGA seems to be having trouble so I'm off to see what the commentators are fussing about. More next time...

No comments: