Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our God is an Awesome God!!!

Just had to post and share this. Aside from owing the state of Alabama $114, I had an amazing day! While driving home, I saw my e-mail light was flashing on my phone. When I stopped to use the bathroom and get something to drink, I checked it. (No, not while driving, as addicted as I may be to my crackberry, I draw the line at checking e-mails while driving.) I found an e-mail from Debby Bowers, Brook Hills' Assimilation Minister. It generated a few questions in my mind so I called her to ask my questions. While talking to her she mentioned that her ministry assistant was quitting and would I be willing to be the temporary ministry assistant. Would I?! How was Debby to know that her question was a HUGE answer to prayer? She was even willing to work around my schedule issues when they arise. This is so amazing because I spent much of the weekend focused on monetary issues and was coming back to try and find a part-time job to help pay some bills. Here a job was basically dropped in my lap. How awesome is it that God gives us what we need before we even have a chance to share the request with people asking for prayer?? Needless to say, I will be very busy in the next few weeks trying to balance dissertation data collection and working basically full-time but God has provided and it's my responsibility to follow this through. Praising the Lord tonight for sure!!

2 comments:

Kid Johnny C said...

Awesome!!!!

Bob Cleveland said...

Hi Angie. I see you are from Birmingham.

Small world. Me too!