Sunday, September 2, 2012

Week Thirty-Five in Review

I've about decided I like boring work weeks.  I feel more relaxed and am more productive when there is no outside travel or drama complicating things.  I got told again this week that I look so relaxed - it's amazing what job security and no drama will do for someone. :-)  I am thrilled beyond words that God has placed me where He has.  I'm able to use my public health knowledge and in turn, use my "work knowledge" to educate my circle of influence.

I also had an orientation to a management essentials program that CHOA provides for new managers.  It's a really neat program full of information designed to help me be a better manager.  Management at CHOA has based the program on current, top-notch leadership programs from the business world but has tweaked it for use in the health care setting.  The program is a huge asset to me and I'm looking forward to the next seven months.  Lots to learn but lots of great information that will help me be a better manager.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my weekend this weekend and have one more day to enjoy!  I am reading a great new book from Dee Henderson (review to come).  It's probably one of the best I've read this year and one of the top five from the last several years.  Can't wait to review it for people.

Spiritually this week I've been in Jeremiah, Lamentations, and Ezekiel.  I started doing something my mom mentioned in passing once while we were talking.  I've made notes in my Bible every time I've seen God mention the remnant.  It's so obvious all over Jeremiah and Ezekiel - God was punishing the nation of Israel but He had a plan to save His covenant people.  It's a beautiful picture of His love for His people.  Even in the face of extreme disobedience, He had a plan to save.  And then He promises something as beautiful as Ezekiel 11:19-20 "And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them.  And they shall be my people, and I will be their God."  What a beautiful picture of how God treats us in salvation - He gives us a new heart!  Just like the Israelites, God has a plan for us and promises that He will be our God.  What a promise to rest in.

I think I'm signing off now - I have a book to read.  I'm putting off the consulting work I need to do until tomorrow.  I have a whole day to fill and no plans so reading is the plan for tonight.  More next week.

No comments: