Friday, June 17, 2011

Deeper Into the Word - Book Review

To continue with this month's theme of new authors, here's another one. Deeper Into the Word was written by Keri Wyatt who is a Bible-study author and speaker. I wasn't really sure what to expect by this book but I was pleasantly surprised. It really functions as a "souped up" New Testament Bible dictionary. Wyatt has taken the most common words in the NT and provided brief commentary or reflections for each word. With me being somewhat of a word nerd especially when it comes to Scripture, I would have liked the posts to be a little more detailed. BUT, having the shorter entries allows for the inclusion of more words. Wyatt has done an extensive amount of research on the words included in the book - I was impressed with the thoroughness of the entries. I will be adding this book to my study shelf to use when studying the New Testament.

Just an FYI, I saw online that an Old Testament version of Deeper Into the Word is due out in November of this year. Based on my experiences with this one, I'm hoping to procure the OT version too!

Bethany House Publishers provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my fair and honest review. No other compensation was provided.

No comments: