Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fully moved in...sort of

I finished the last of the "moving in" stuff this weekend. I wanted to wash both my comforters before putting them on my beds so I hauled them in to the local laundromat today. That was an interesting experience to say the least. But, got that done and I am more thankful than ever for my washer and dryer! Can't imagine the weekly expense of the laundromat or the hassle of hauling laundry in and out each week.

I also got the second bedroom cleaned out and partially organized. I still have some additional sorting to do but that can happen over time. I also got my smaller pictures hung so the apartment really feels like home. I feel a true sense of accomplishment this evening.

Had an interesting experience yesterday. I needed to go get my GA drivers license so I headed out to the Decatur branch of the Georgia Department of Drivers' Services. The mall this branch is located in is somewhat sketchy to say the least. Lots of closed storefronts and the other stores were ones I hadn't ever heard of (outside of Macy's). I wanted to get in and out quickly. Well, the crowd in front of me put an end to those thoughts. There were at least 50 people ahead of me in line. But, surprisingly, the system worked rather well. It called people by assigned number so there was no line cutting to be had. From entrance to new license only took about an hour so I was pleasantly surprised. My picture makes me look like a criminal but oh well, no one looks good in their DMV photo. :-)

After the license was obtained, I headed to try and find a new Publix. Found one that appears to be closer to my apt. than the one I tried last week. Still had my coupons scrutinized but I'm beginning to think that's a Decatur-area Publix thing. As long as they continue to take my coupons, I don't really give a flyin' flip how long they scrutinize them. I know Publix's coupon policy so I'm prepared to argue for my savings if I have to. :-)

All-in-all, it was a good week. I have lots of meetings (mostly by phone) this week and then heading home to Macon for Father's Day and Sarah's birthday. Get to spend some extended time with Sarah to give my mom a break from taking care of the patient. Sarah had surgery this week on her knee so she still needs a little help getting around and handling Barney. It'll be nice to spend some one-on-one sister time.

The only thing I haven't found is a new church to visit. There are literally hundreds of churches in the area but so many of them are traditional churches and so far, I just haven't seen one close to me (within a 30 minute drive) that seem like a "good fit." I'm still praying God will show me the place. Passion City Church meets June 27th so I have that one on my calendar. We shall see.

No comments: