Friday, August 7, 2009

Africa Day Two...Baby It's Cold Outside!

I awoke today colder than I think I've ever been in my life. I woke up about 3 am shivering and looking for more covers. Fortunately, our hosts had left duvet covers on the bed so I snuggled further down in my sleeping bag and under the duvet cover. I got warm enough to fall back asleep for a few more hours. When I woke up, I could see my breath indoors. BRRR!!

We all stumbled to breakfast and then the first week's group left to go to Refilwe for church. Our group stayed behind at Alabanza since there wasn't enough room in the vans for all of us. We worshipped as a group with our hosts and a few new friends from Zimbabwe. It was neat to share worship songs, Scripture and stories with our new friends. God was glorified as we sat outside in His creation and worshipped together.

After the group came back, we had a good hearty cook-out with beef and some sort of sausage. It was neat to visit with the first week's group and hear the stories of what they had seen and experienced. It was truly evident that God had moved in amazing ways during the first week. Our team got excited hearing about what God had done. As we prayed the first team off to the airport, reality began to sink in that we were really in Africa and our plans had COMPLETELY changed, again. We weren't really sure what we had gotten into but God knew and was already preparing our hearts.

We topped off the day by seeing the Milky Way (my second experience with this) and heading to bed to try and warm up. Man, when the sun goes down, the temperature plummets.

More later...

No comments: