Thursday, July 23, 2009

Out to Africa

Well, the time is finally here. I'm off to South Africa tomorrow for a ten-day mission trip. Our plans have changed slightly, we'll be doing more community education than originally planned but it means we will be interacting with more people. God knows exactly what will happen and is already preparing the way for us. We just have to go and trust that He will equip us.

I would appreciate prayers while this white-knuckle flyer spends 15+ hours on a plane tomorrow night/Saturday morning. I'm nervous about the plane, trying not to think about it and trusting God (is that multi-tasking?) to be my strong tower. I would also appreciate prayers for my team as we regroup and alter our plans as we travel. We could also use prayers for the unrest that is apparently going on in South Africa. Pray God's hedge of protection around our team.

Thanks so much for all the prayers already offered up and those that you will continue to offer up on my behalf while I'm gone. I will update when I return...

No comments: