Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update Part 5

This should pretty much catch things up from the old blog. Well, except for pictures...

Post from 10/27:

Okay, it's been a few days. Sorry about that. By Wednesday of the trip, we had all gotten into the swing of things and the way life in Arizona works. It was such a God thing to watch how well our team blended together and accomplished what God wanted us to accomplish. There was no "Brook Hills" or "FBC Alpharetta" or "Owensboro", we were all part of God's team there to minister to the lost. So neat to watch God at work.

I think I've mentioned most of the people or events that really impressed me. What I'm left remembering most of all other than the people is the stark beauty of that part of the country. I had such a "Hollywood" view of what Arizona looked like. Part of that was changed when my mom and I drove through AZ in 2003 but Southern Arizona is so different than Northern Arizona so the impressions were changed all over again. The contrast between flatness of desert and mountains rising up out of the desert is amazing to see. Looking down on the valleys from 7,000 feet at the Kitt Peak Observatory was awesome! It was like you could see for miles. Actually, the air is so clear, you could see for miles. Probably the coolest thing was getting to see the Milky Way with my own eyes, no telescope needed! The night we saw that, I felt God's presence in a way I've never felt before. How anyone can look at that and not believe in a divine creator blows my mind.

Since getting back, there have been ups and downs (as expected). But, the ups have far outweighed the downs. I still get so excited about sharing and that just fuels the ups. I did hear from the IHS official and she was very positive about my getting more experience and working to see if life in Indian Health Service is for me. Unfortunately, most of the jobs are clinical in nature (as opposed to public health in nature) so it'll be a God thing if a job develops in Sells. But, I'm continuing my faith journey to see what God has in store for me. I'm working with a discipler to work through what God is teaching me and to help me process the journey. It's always good to have accountability from a sister in Christ.

One huge blessing since returning...one of the women from FBC Alpharetta has sent several e-mails detailing her experiences as well as useful teaching she's run across since returning. Those stories have been such an encouragement for me and always seem to say exactly what I need to hear/read at that moment. Ain't it great how God has this whole thing rigged? :-)

No comments: